Our first big adventure

This is the first opportunity I have had to sit, relax and watch TV since we have left town. We are running from sun up to sun down and the kids always hog the TV when they get their screen time. I finally told Brooke, it’s my turn, no more YouTube. Go do something! 😂
So, I have started working out daily and I have turned our eating habits around drastically in this house. We are doing more clean eating, organic and gluten free. I am on week two of an awesome program and I am seeing some really good results. I can’t even begin to tell you how much better I feel. I still get the kids their snacks, but now the junk is VERY limited. Nathan and I made a pact to lose 10 lbs by the time we got back to Dallas. Some are doing better than others, but he has been exercising some with me. I can’t wait to weight in when we get home. It’s so hard not stepping on a scale daily.

I wanted to take a few minutes to finally write a little bit. YAY! We are going on week two of our trip to Missouri. The first week was vacation for us all, so we pretty much had no schedule at all. It was nice. We got to spend a lot of time with family and it has been so wonderful. We come to Missouri every Fourth of July to visit Nathan's aunt and uncle. The kids and us look forward to this from the time we leave their driveway to head back home until the day we head back out here. We are staying on 42 acres (plus or minus a few I think). It is so quiet and serene out here. You can sit outside and see nothing but trees and stars. It's gorgeous. I have never been a country girl, but being here this past week and a half, I could totally live out here. It is just a different feeling from city living.

I have started back up our schedule this week with the kids. Curriculum and schedule are very important to me, so I am doing my best to stay on track with that. We have taken several field trips since we have been here, all of them the kids have learned so much. From space, to dinosaurs to electricity to bugs and butterflies. I have even learned so much that I obviously didn't care about back in the day or just forgot over the years. One great thing about all the places we have been is they have all been FREE. (the butterfly garden and carousel were the only two that weren't free) We are going to the zoo next week, once again, it's FREE. I want the kids to learn as much as possible, but we also want to do it on a budget. Missouri is full of opportunities for free fun and learning. If you even get out here, message me and I will give you all the places you should check out.

Once we leave Missouri, we have three more stops before we make it home. I will post once we get to those locations. It will be something for y'all to look forward to, hell, maybe I will even write another blog. Ha! I hope you guys are enjoying my posts and the blogs. If you do, make sure to subscribe to my blog so you won't miss anything. I also update my IG and FB daily. I will post the link to my IG, so make sure to follow.

https://www.instagram.com/lisa.verges/


I also plan to do a tour of the RV once we completely get moved in and have the decor up and the kids beds built. Since we still have the house, everything is there. A lot of people have asked, so please be patient. If you have any questions, please ask. It will give me some inspriration for writing in the future.



Until next time.

Lisa










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life Changes

Purging

What has been going on in this crazy girls life?!?!