Life Changes

Hey y'all! My name is Lisa and I am a 40 year old mother of 3. Tanner (20), Brooklyn (7) and Rylan (5). Yes, I started all over after 13 years and had two more kids. Most people think I am crazy, HA! There are some days that I agree, but most days, it is amazing. My kids definitely give me a run for my money and I would have it no other way. I have been married to my wonderful husband Nathan for 7 years now. He is a truly good man for putting up with me. He is my rock and the one I love going home to each night.

I currently work full time as an Assistant Director at a private preschool. I absolutely LOVE my job! There are days it is very stressful and I want to pull my hair out, but then there are those days where I walk down the hall and am tackled by a group of kids needing a big hug. As of two weeks ago, I gave my notice at work and will be leaving in April. I never thought giving a four month notice would be so hard. My bosses, friends and co-workers are like family to me. So, I guess you are wondering why I gave my notice to a job that I really love. I am going to explain more in a minute.

Earlier this year a co-worker of Nathan's, passed away. She was very active, lived a healthy lifestyle and died from cancer. She was far too young to go at 50 years old. Makes you really think that we don't know what tomorrow or next year holds for us. I do believe that God has a plan for us all and he was ready for her to come home. A couple weeks after the funeral Nathan came to me with this crazy idea and of course I said "Yes".  He never thought in a million years that I would go along with it, but it was just too perfect for us to pass up. I want to say we started discussing our plan in August and in September we were ready to roll with it. 

Nathan and I decided we wanted to travel. He has a pretty remote job and travels quite a bit already, so it made a lot of sense for us to come along with him. I bet you are wondering why it sounds so crazy, right??? Well... we are going to live in an RV. YES, an RV! So before I go into detail on it all, we set our leave date for August 1, 2019. I am getting so excited and nervous. Eek! We have planned to sell most of our belongings and keep the rest in storage. Our house will go on the market in February and we plan to purchase our RV right before. We will be downsizing quite a bit. 2900 square foot to 300 something square foot. I have a feeling that the first couple months are going to be quite an adjustment for us all. Between losing space to leaving family behind, it's gonna be quite rough. My oldest will not be traveling with us, he is starting his own life as an adult. My mom who has lived with me the past two years is going to stay behind as well. Leaving those two is going to be one of the hardest things I do. Ugh! 

The kids are really excited to travel. Brooke and Ry will be sharing a bedroom. They have a good amount of space in their room. We decided on more living/kitchen area since the kids rarely spend time in their rooms now. We are very outdoorsy people, so they will be playing outdoors quite a bit. Weather permitting, of course. The kids will be home schooled by me. Wish them luck! Any advice on home schooling is welcomed. I have researched some and think I know the route I am going, but could use tips from those who have or are currently doing it. 

Well, I am going to end my blog here for the night. Just wanted to introduce myself and get my story out there. I am so excited to do this and hope you enjoy my posts in the future.

Comments

  1. Wow! Sounds so exciting! I'm very happy for you, Nathan, Brookie and Ry. Have fun, enjoy and be safe. Love you guys!! AnnMarie aka Mimi������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AnnMarie! We are so excited and nervous. Keep watching the blog as I will update often. 😘

      Delete
  2. I’m so happy for all of you, Lisa! You’re giving so much to your family! �� they are going to have a blast & if anyone can do it, y’all can! & the homeschooling will come easy to you �� -you’ll be so good @ it! Don’t be nervous & don’t worry about ANYTHING, leave it to Him �� & share EVERYTHING! As I will be living through you �� & let me know if y’all ever go to Iowa! Haha! So proud of you for following your dreams/heart, most people are so scared to take that step (me included!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will more than likely make it to Iowa. It may be 2020 before we get there, but for sure I will let you know. 😍 Thank you for the kind words. We are those crazies that like trying new and wild adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s really cool! Whenever y’all are in town feel free to stop by and visit or stay for a night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,what an adventure, Lisa! I am beyond excited for your family. I know the kids are super excited. I've always thought of you as a free-spirited person, so this is perfect for you. I wish the best for you guys and am excited to follow your journey through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 😍 I would definitely agree with being free spirited. We are so excited to get out on the road and see everything.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am shocked but I am so excited to see you grab the bull by the horns and go for it! If anyone can do this and make the most of it, it's you. You are an amazing mother and will be great at homeschooling, no worries! I love you and pray that He blesses your every move and guides you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! :) Love you too! Let's reschedule that dinner and drinks very soon. Text me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Purging

What has been going on in this crazy girls life?!?!